There are affiliate links at the end of this post to help you find some of the albums on the playlist.
Seasonal Listening: December | Your Spotify Playlist
The December Holidays
The best part of my favorite Christmas movie…
Here’s a list of the December Holidays that inspired the Spotify Playlist. It shows you how profound the returning of the light at the Solstice is around the world.
- Bodhi Day: December 8. The day when Siddhartha Gautama, on seeing the morning star at dawn, attained enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree and became the Buddha.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Day: December 12. A popular Catholic feast day that celebrates the belief that a man encountered the Virgin Mary, Mexico’s patron saint, in Mexico City on December 9 and 12, 1531.
- St. Lucia Day: December 13. A Scandinavian holiday held in honor of the woman said to have been one of the first Christian martyrs in history.
- Chanukah: Begins at the twenty-fifth day of Kislev, a month of the Hebrew calendar. An 8-day festival of light to celebrate the rededication of Holy Temple.
- Solstice/Yule: On or about December 21. The first day of winter and celebration of the return of the sun at the end of the shortest day of the year.
- Christmas: December 25. A celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
- Boxing Day: December 26. Traditionally a day off for in the UK for servants and the day when they received a ‘Christmas Box’ from the master.
- Kwanza: December 21-January 1. African American and Pan-African holiday celebrated by millions throughout the world African community, Kwanzaa brings a cultural message which speaks to the best of what it means to be African and human in the fullest sense.
- New Year’s Eve: December 31. A celebration of the last day of the year and welcoming the first day of the new year.
December Seasonal Listening on Spotify
Here’s my Spotify Playlist for December Seasonal Sounds. It includes a selection for all of the holidays listed above. I also included favorites like River, and Christians and the Pagans. I hope you get as much pleasure from listening as I did making the list!
If you like this, try listening to our first playlist, November Seasonal Listening.
Make sure to check out our Kitchen Garden Gift Guide.
The Seasonal Living Shopping Guide can be found here.
Too much partying got your tummy a little tender? Make some ginger and turmeric soda for the remedy.
And, our Goal Setting Workbook for 2018.
Looking for a good read? Here’s the November list.
And, links to the albums:
Was this helpful? Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin’!
Seasonal Living Resource Library
Become a pro in the kitchen and the garden!
Sign up for access to our exclusive Seasonal Living Resource Library. it's full of free downloads and printables to help you create your seasonal life. Supported by a weekly newsletter with original content for subscribers only!