Farm share members and gardeners, it is easy to have a hot breakfast on even the busiest of days. This tasty meal took as long to prepare is it took to make the eggs over easy. While March is the height of egg laying season, you can stash this recipe aside any month of the year to make a quick, satisfying, hot meal.
Seasonal & Healthy Everyday Breakfast:
Basic Ingredients ~
- Salad Greens
- Oil and Vinegar of your Choice
I harvested kale after feeding the chickens and had some purple cabbage from a mini-garden-salvage after the last week’s storm. You can either do the same if you are a gardener, or reach into your farm share items for any greens good for salad.
Here’s your method ~
- Grab a small cast iron skillet and add a tablespoon of butter. Turn on the heat and just as the butter starts to melt add your eggs. Follow these instructions if you are new to this.
- While the eggs are cooking, chop your greens (kale, cabbage, spinach, lettuce mix, mustards, mache, you name it!).
- Check on your eggs, flip when ready.
- Add your favorite oil and vinegar combination to your greens. Since I’m eating keto these days, this tasty plate has a combination of coconut vinegar, coconut aminos, and a splash of MCT oil. Olive oil and balsamic would be great. Sesame oil and rice vinegar would be fantastic.
- Take the salad to your skillet and pour the eggs and butter over it. The warmth will slightly wilt your salad. Mmmm, smells so good!
- Enjoy with salt and pepper.
If you do this, tell me about it!